Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'll Have one of Those...{Mojito}

3.


I love cocktails! I was so happy last year when friend's of mine gave me a little cocktail recipe book!I have played around with a few recipes, adapted them to my liking and now I am going to share them with you! Cocktails are so easy  to make and they add a certain elegance and class to any occasion. Plus, they are SO yummy!:)

My favourite cocktail of all time is the classic Mojito. Its not too sweet, it's refreshing and I love mint!Try it and see if you fall in love with it too.***

What you will need:
*Light Rum (MUST be a white rum such as Bacardi white)
*Lime
*Sugar
*Mint
*Soda Water

This cocktail is to be served in a highball glass.


1.
Quantities for one drink:
*2-3 oz Light Rum (1 oz= 28.3ml)
*Juice of 1 Lime
*2 tsp Sugar
*2-4 mint Leaves
*Soda Water


Blending Instructions:

*Lightly muddle the mint & sugar with a splash of soda water in a mixing glass until all the sugar is dissolved and you can smell the mint.

*Squeeze the lime into the glass,add the rum and shake with ice.

*Strain over crushed ice in a Highball glass.

*Top up with soda water, garnish with a mint leaf and serve.

My variation~
Instead of soda water and sugar I just use Sprite Zero, it's just as yummy-but more healthy.***






2.





Pictures: 1. {askmen.com} 2. {find.myrecipes.com} 3. {allgraphicsonline.com} 

No comments:

Post a Comment